If you want to keep your dessert simple yet satisfying after a heavy scrumptious meal, then carrot pudding is your best bet. Its light and fluffy and doesn’t have a very overwhelming flavor so keeps your tummy feeling light even after gobbling down an entire bowl. It fits into the category of a perfectly humble dessert, ie easy to prepare, serve and devour!!
- 2 Fresh carrots grated.
- milk – 1 cup
- sugar- 3 teaspoons
- vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- gelatin – 3 teaspoons
- Boil the freshly grated carrots in half a cup of water for 10-12 mins
- Add half a cup of milk to the boiled carrots and blend well after draining the excess water.
- Boil the remaining milk with the sugar
- Mix gelatin in cold water to make a paste and add to the boiled milk. Stir until dissolved.
- Mix the carrot paste with the boiled milk and pour into moulds.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours.
- Garnish with grated carrots.
- You can skip blending the carrots with milk if you like carrot pieces as is in your pudding.