These balls are ‘bounty’ like, and this recipe is especially for all those coconut lovers out there. Each ball is a mouthful of crunchy coconut with a shiny coating of bitter sweet chocolate. If you can never get enough of coconut and go crazy over chocolate, these chococut balls are just for you.
- Grated coconuts – 1 1/2 cups
- Bitter sweet chocolate – 100g
- Sugar -3-4 teaspoons
- Butter – 50g
- Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
- Melt butter and fresh cream in a saucepan
- Add sugar and continue to stir on low heat
- Add the grated coconuts and once the mixture starts to thicken turn off the flame
- Allow it to cool, and make balls out of it and refrigerate overnight
- Melt the bitter sweet chocolate and dip each coconut ball in it and refrigerate for another 3-4 hours
- Do not add excess butter or your balls wouldn’t get too crunchy.
- Do not directly melt the chocolate over the flame, either use a microwave for 10secs, add to hot cream, or use a double boiler(chocolates placed over a vessel on top of boiling water