A quick and easy snack recipe that can be prepared any day with simple ingredients that are always available in your kitchen. The suji/rawa balls are soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. It has a grainy coarse texture because of the semolina and can be considered analogous to a chewy kind of muffin. It has a slight tint of cardamom so it goes perfectly with your evening tea.
- Rawa/suji/semolina – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 3-4 teaspoons
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Beat the egg and add it to 1 cup of rawa. Mix well.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and continue to mix untill soft.
- Scoop a small spoonful of the above mixture and pour into hot oil and deep fry.
- The mix shouldn’t be too runny nor it be too dry. You should be able to scoop it up using a spoon.
- Keep the heat on low-medium or else the balls would burn on the outside and not cook on the inside.
- You could fry these in an unniappam pan to get nicely shaped balls (as in pic) using very little oil(just a drop for one ball). make sure you cover it with a lid and cook it on low flame.