A perfect meal for a lazy Sunday, when you’re not in a mood to do much cooking, nor do you want those extra calories from outside food. Salads could be a complete and satisfying meal on its own or a perfect accompaniment to your main course. The fact that you can pick the veggies that go into your salad and choose the right kind of seasoning to suit your moods is what makes it all the more appetizing to fit anyone’s taste. There is no end to the variety of salads that you can make, a great way to couple health and taste in a way that suits your imagination and creativity. So what are you waiting for, cut short on those calories and go healthy 🙂
- Boneless chicken pieces
- Vegetables of your choice
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 2-3 teaspoons
- Mayonnaise – 3-4 teaspoons
- Yogurt – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Herbs of your choice
- Oregano seasoning
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
For the dressing:
- Add freshly ground pepper, oregano seasoning and herbs of your choice to 2-3 teaspoons of mayo.
- Add 2 teaspoons of thick yogurt to this and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and leave for 5-10 mins
- Heat about a teaspoon of olive oil on a flat pan.
- Add half a teaspoon of ginger garlic paste to the heated oil and slightly roast the chicken pieces until soft and brown.
- Shred the chicken pieces and add to bowlful of chopped mixed veggies of your choice. I used cucumber, tomato, capsicum, spring onions and red onion. Mix well.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil, fresh pepper, salt and mix well.
- Add the bowl of dressing prepared, mix well and serve.
If you’re not too much of a health freak, you could add generous amounts of mayo and skip adding yogurt altogether.