This one tops the list of my most favorite winter snacks. Just dip in mayo and bite into a piece of succulent juicy chicken breast and the melted cheese simply oozes into your mouth. This recipe was inspired from ‘Tasty’ and improvised to suit my taste.
- Chicken breasts
- Cheese slice of your choice
- salt and pepper
- soy sauce (optional)
- Bread crumbs/ crushed cheese balls
- Oil to deep fry.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and few drops of soy sauce if you like the flavor.
- Make a small slit on the middle of each piece and stuff in a small piece of cheese.
- Coat the pieces in flour, dip in beaten egg and coat again with either bread crumbs or crushed cheese balls.
- Deep fry in hot oil until the cheese melts and the chicken turns golden brown and well cooked.
- Serve with mayo or tomato ketchup.
- You can use any cheese of your choice. A burger cheddar cheese slice was what I liked best and the color of the oozing cheese was also very appetizing!
- Make sure to not make the chicken pieces too thick or it might not get properly cooked on the inside.
- Stuff in enough amounts of cheese obviously 😉
- Always maintain a medium high heat and do not overheat the oil as this would cause the chicken pieces to burn on the outside and not get properly cooked on the inside.
- Even though bread crumbs is easier job, this tastes much better with cheese balls. So if you happen to have a packet lying there, use it.