The advantage of one pot recipes is not just that they are incredibly easy to make but its also that you can vary the ingredients and their quantity and tailor make it to suit your taste buds. This recipe is made creamy and ‘chickeny’ to the right amounts such that the chicken completely masks out the spinach flavor ensuring that you get the goodness of the spinach without having to taste it 😉 It is also a treat to your eyes to watch all the ingredients blend together to form a rich and creamy delicacy.
- Pasta of your choice
- One or two slices of cheese of your choice
- Cooked chicken pieces and chicken stock
- One small onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- pepper, oregano, salt for seasoning
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add finely sliced garlic and onions and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add finely chopped spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and mix well. Also add the seasoning.
- Pour some chicken stock and milk and add the pasta and simmer well for 15-20 minutes until the pasta is cooked well.
- Add one or two slices of any cheese of your choice and watch it melt into the sauce.
- Check for seasoning and switch off when the sauce thickens.
- You can use the stock from cooking the chicken to make the gravy. If you dont have stock use water, but trust me, nothing like stock!
- I accidentally added some fennel seeds powder into it coz oregano and this were in similar containers but I loved the smell and flavor it gave.